Friday, October 19, 2007

I Tell Ya ...

This really has been telemarket week. The begging has sometimes reached a call an hour. I don't know which charities have been selling their lists to other charities, but I swear that has to be a major source of income for some of them.

It gets so that when my phone rings and there is silence, I hang up on it because it's just some beggar's auto dialer. It takes a lot of nerve to make someone wait so you can try to extract money. And the new gimmick of trying to get people to solicit their friends is just tacky. No, I am not going to annoy people on your behalf, so don't ask.

2 comments:

Jim Yeager said...

Oh, there you are.

I simply turn my ringer off and my answering machine on. Most telemarketers don't seem able to grasp the concept behind the simple statement "Please leave your message after the tone." Most of the messages these people leave are: "Hello?... Hello?..."

It's funny, though in a tragic fashion...

Anonymous said...

I never answer,then I go here to see who it was.http://whocalled.us/