Tuesday, July 10, 2007

More Centennial

One of the neatest things happened at Registration. A man came up to the table wearing a pilot's uniform, dragging luggage, and brandishing a magazine. "I read about Heinlein in this National Review article in the airport. Then I got to this hotel and I looked at the board downstairs and it said you were here! The Heinlein Centennial is going on, right here. You are going to make my whole weekend. I'm so glad that I can be here!"

He then paid for registration before he ever went to his room and dropped his luggage. It's a real pity that the National Review and Reason extracted information from Centennial staff without mentioning that there would be a celebration.

Beware of journalists. All of them. Their word is as bad as their reporting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beware of journalists. All of them. Their word is as bad as their reporting.

Now, now, calling the hacks at National Review and Reason journalists is an insult to the fine folks who bring you the Weekly World News. Those organizations are congeries of asshats and twatwaffles.

Dr Paisley