Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Tune Today

Washington is totally out of tune. Democratic candidates are greatly out of tune, but not as much as Republicans are.

Today my doctor declared "It's time for socialized medicine."

Whoa! I hope that someone will start lobbying the AMA for "Universal Medicare", so that term comes to replace "socialized medicine." The second is a bugaboo. The first is an established mechanism for helping with health care costs via our taxes. And even my very own doctor has decided that costs are out of hand, and that too many people are going without care just because the system is failing them.

He also made me promise that if I ever can't afford the drugs I take, that I will come tell him so he can make sure I get them.

Did I ever tell all of you that my doctor is a wonderful human being, as well as an excellent doctor?

No comments: